VINE (for inmate notification)
VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday) provides critical information about inmates housed in local jails and adult correctional facilities (including some juvenile offenders). Anyone can register on the system to receive computer generated telephone calls notifying when an inmate is scheduled for release or if an inmate escapes from custody.
Anyone requesting to be notified should call the toll-free VINE number (1-800-511-1670) using a touch-tone telephone to register. The VINE system allows each person to register two telephone numbers.
To ensure that the notification calls are received, the VINE system requires the registered person to enter a four-digit personal identification number (PIN). Use of the PIN is the only way to halt the notification calls.
The inmate will NOT know that you received a notification call as the system provides an opportunity to register anonymously.
If you fear for your safety, do not depend on VINE or any other service for your only protection. Take precautionary measure as though the inmate were already released.
Call 1-800-511-1670 or click here for more information.
How to Use This Service
- Call the toll free number at 1-800-511-1670.
- Tell the operator the name of the inmate for whom you would like information.
- Information regarding the inmate will be shared immediately.
- You may then register up to two telephone numbers that will be called when the inmate is being released.
- Create a unique Personal Identification Number (PIN) made up of four numbers and write the numbers down.
- Keep this number in a safe place as you will need it to de-activate the notification calls upon the inmate’s transfer or release.